Translate

Tuesday 7 April 2015

An Autumn Goodbye to Emerald, Australia


An Autumn Goodbye
 


 



































In my last blog I mention the bright Autumn colours of the Hills, and that I would miss seeing the full glory as we’re about to leave Emerald for Greece. However I’ve just had my last walk around Emerald and I was pleased to see I would not miss Autumn for it had already begun up here in the Dandenongs.

 

We’ve just had the Catholic and ‘Western’ Easter. My son Chris came over from South Australia to be with us. He rode over on his motorbike (an eight plus hours trip). As our grand daughters were staying with us he organized their Easter egg hunt in the garden. And another day he took the girls to a nearby village to see a holiday film being shown there, and after the film they all boarded Puffing Billy to return home for lunch.



Easter is a big holiday for the children though perhaps not as big as Christmas. In Greece it is the other way about, Easter is a more important family holiday than Christmas. However there are events being organized. Our local paper has an article about the Easter egg hunt that took place in Emerald Lake Park. There was a big turn out of locals and visitors. In order to receive their eggs participants were required to answer six questions on a form - questions specific to some of the sites in the park. Many children and parents took this mystery tour, and then when they brought back their forms to the café they were given their helping of Easter eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment