Translate

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Spring is Bustin' Out in Emerald


Spring is Bustin’ Out in Emerald

It’s a joy to walk, when the weather is perfect, with my camera, thinking about the composition of the picture I’m taking, its colours and contrasts.

 


These short walks are also a time to be alone with my thoughts, and I agree with Christina Rossetti about the need for these quiet times.

 













Spring Quiet


Christina Rossetti

Gone were but the Winter,
Come were but the Spring,
I would go to a covert
Where the birds sing;
Where in the whitehorn
Singeth a thrush,
And a robin sings
In the holly-bush.
Full of fresh scents
Are the budding bows
Arching high over
A cool green house;



Full of sweet scents,
And whispering air
Which sayeth softly:
‘We spread no snare;
Here dwell in safety,
Here dwell alone,
With a clear stream
And a mossy stone.
Here the sun shineth
Most shadily:
Here is heard an echo
Of the far sea,
Though far off it be.’

 
While the Eucalyptus continue to give an even green covering,
The Emerald street trees are beginning to be covered with blossom.

 On my most recent walk I became very aware that ‘spring was bustin’ out all over,’ and when not concentrating on the pictures I almost burst out in song.

This song is one that is easy to conjure up at this time of year – though 'October is Bustin' Out All Over' doesn't scan as well, so better 'Spring' that is busting out in Australia!


 












JUNE IS BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER

(Rodgers / Hammerstein)


June is bustin' out all over 
All over the meader and the hill 
Flowers bustin' out on bushes 
And the roughen river pushes 
Ev'ry little wheel that wheels beside the mill 
June is bustin' out all over


 
Spring Blossoms from my Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment